The COVID 19 Recovery plan fund, Get Active – Re Activate Grant has been established to support secondary and special schools in Herefordshire to address levels of inactivity, particularly following Covid-19.
Stride Active is being funded via Herefordshire Council to administer the School Re-Activate Grant as part of its grant funding for the Covid-19 recovery plan, supporting economic recovery and improving wellbeing in Herefordshire.
The aims of the grant scheme are to:
- Increase the number of young people in your school taking part in 60 active minutes each day
- Engage young people who have become disengaged with PE/physical activity since COVID-19, or whose inactivity has been exacerbated by COVID-19
- Provide sustainable change, either for individuals or your school
Outcomes to be achieved through the grants scheme are:
- Increased physical activity for young people
- Sustained behaviour changes for young people
- Increased engagement in school (attendance, readiness to learn, confidence to participate, social connectivity)
What can the grant be used for?
You can apply for a grant to fund activities, interventions or training which will support long-term sustained engagement in physical activity for students within your school and ensure direct delivery of support/services.
These may include, but are not limited to:
- Interventions focusing on behaviour change for targeted cohorts / individuals to increase physical activity levels
- Staff training / CPD to extend / broaden provision in order to engage more young people in physical activity
- Increased capacity to support more young people to be active
- Whole school activities to raise the profile and importance of physical activity (eg. achieving a sustained culture change across staff and students)
- The activity must be additional activity, be free of charge to participants and inclusive.
For the full grant criteria, please click here.
We will be delivering an information session on Monday 20th September at 4pm to provide you with further guidance and answer your questions. Please sign-up to the webinar here.
To apply for the grant, please complete the expression of interest form below and a member of the team will be in touch with you.