PE for those in their first years of teaching 2022
We recognise that PE is a subject that attracts minimal time in initial teacher training, meaning that some teachers lack confidence to teach the subject.
This CPD session is for teachers who are newly qualified or have qualified in the last few years. It will focus on developing pedagogical knowledge and skills as well as developing confidence in the delegate to deliver high quality physical education in the primary school.
This session is in 2 parts:
- Online webinar – Monday 7th November 2022 2-4pm
- Practical session – Tuesday 15th November 2022 1.30-4.30pm at at Tomkins Hall, 148 Whitecross Rd, Hereford HR4 0DH
The course will use games, gymnastics and dance activities to model the use of differentiation, questioning and progression in physical education lessons
At the end of the session, delegates will:
- Understand the difference between PE and Sport
- Understand the elements needed to develop the competent mover and how to integrate them into planning and delivery
- Understand the features of a high-quality PE lesson and be able to demonstrate some of the skills – differentiation, higher order questioning
- Have experienced a range of activities that they can use